PPG Industries Australia Pty Ltd ACN 055 500 939, the owner of the “Bristol Paints” brand, and its related companies (collectively referred to in this document as ” Bristol Franchise (BFC Stores Pty Ltd)”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. Bristol Paints is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act).
Collection and use of personal information
Bristol Paints will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances. For example, Bristol Paints may collect personal information from you when you:
- access one of our websites (which may include the collection of your IP address);
- request to be sent Bristol Paints product information;
- request advice on paints or colouring;
- require a professional consultation in relation to your paint requirements;
- register with our Professional Painter Centre;
- enter into a competition or promotion run by Bristol Paints; or
- request marketing or advertising materials.
Bristol Paints does not require customers to provide any sensitive personal information, or actively seek this information. If you do provide sensitive personal information to us for any reason, you consent to us collecting that information.
Bristol Paints may use your personal information:
- for the primary purpose for which you provided it, and for purposes related to that primary purpose;
- to answer your queries and otherwise contact you about the information you have provided to us and your use of our websites;
- if you have consented, to send you information about our offers, promotions, products and services;
- to allow you to participate in our competitions and promotions;
- to address any issues or problems with your use of our websites, our business, products or services;
- to help us learn more about our customers and the users of our websites so that we can improve your experience and our business;
- to tailor advertising on our websites; or
- any other purpose disclosed by you at the time your personal information is collected.
Disclosure of personal information
Bristol Paints will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- to third parties appointed by Bristol Paints which assist Bristol Paints to perform services and or provide products (in which case Bristol Paints requires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than for the purpose of performing those services or providing those products);
- in exceptional circumstances, Bristol Paints may be required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement authorities or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; or
- otherwise with your consent.
Bristol Paints may use national or overseas facilities to process or back up information and as a result, may transfer your personal information to national or overseas facilities.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
You can manually disable cookies at any time – check your browser’s ‘Help’ to find out how. This will not affect your ability to view the site.
- to allow parts of our website to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- to record your activity during a web cast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for 30 days, when it will delete automatically.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for 30 days.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet.
- Sections of our site may contain DoubleClick’s remarketing pixels. You can opt by visiting the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Bristol Paints also uses 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This means we will continue to show ads to you across the internet, specifically on the Google Display Network (GDN). As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other 3rd party remarketing system.
Google Analytics Demographics & Interest Reporting
You can opt out of this feature by visiting the following link:
Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
>This data is used to provide better services and more relevant content to our users based on demographic and interest data.
Handling of personal information
Bristol Paints will take all reasonable steps to protect all personal information held by it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Bristol Paints will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information which we hold about you secure. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, Bristol Paints excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Any person may seek access to personal information which Bristol Paints holds about that person and we will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act. There are certain exemptions which may apply to the provision of that information. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and we may charge an administration fee for granting access to information.
If you become aware that any personal information which we hold about you is incorrect, you may contact Bristol Paints to correct or update that information.
Requests for access to, or to correct or update, personal information held by Bristol Paints should be sent to the contact person below.
If you have any questions or concerns about Bristol Paints collection, use or disclosure of personal information, contact us at email@example.com by mail Bristol Franchise (BFC Stores Pty Ltd) Suite W05, Ground Floor, 215 Bell Street, Preston, VIC, 3072