General Purpose Surface Primer with filler properties
GP Primer is a general purpose primer designed to adhere to a wide range of roof surfaces including smooth, glossy and rough cement roof tiles. Formulated from high quality adhesion promoted acrylic resins GP Primer is ideally suited as a filler coat on very rough cement tiles because of its high solids content, improving the gloss appearance and coverage of all Nutech topcoat systems.
GP Primer is not recommended for Oxidised and Powdery Tiles (refer NuPrime).
Application and Features
Suitable SubstratesGP Primer is recommended as an undercoat: Cement tiles – Painted surfaces – New tiles. GP Primer is a high solids adhesion undercoat recommended for NuFlex, TileFlex and Colourfast topcoat systems. It is a Low Sheen water based coating with excellent durability and adhesion performance.
Surfaces primed with GP Primer and top coated with a 100% Acrylic systems perform exceptionally providing years of maintenance free service. This product is Non-toxic, Non-flammable and faster drying year round making application safer and easier. On smooth surfaces the additional coverage of a topcoat is increased improving economy.
GP Primer has been developed following years of research and development to formulate an undercoat, which will adhere to a range of roofing surfaces and enhance the appearance of topcoat systems.
GP Primer has been developed for Australian and South-East Asian environmental conditions. It provides excellent protection against biological growth including Moss, Lichen, Mould and Fungus.
- Guaranteed surface and intercoat adhesion
- High solids for maximum film build and filler characteristics
- High degree of mould, fungus and lichen resistance
- Faster drying time than conventional primer systems
- Easy application by brush, roller or airless spraying
- Ultraviolet light resistant
- Do Not Apply GP Primer in very cold conditions to avoid adhesion problems developing.
- Do Not Overcoat with any topcoat system until GP Primer is completely dry
- GP Primer should not be applied on a very hot surface
- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for additional safety and user information.
Important NoteThe information given in this data sheet is based on many years experience and is correct to the best of our knowledge. However as the use of our product is beyond our control we can only be responsible for the quality of our product at the time of dispatch.
For additional information about specifications or application please contact our company.
As this information is of a general nature we cannot assume responsibility for individual use.